The growth of the market for “meat free”, is estimated at + 6.8% by 2023
This trend towards a reduction in meat consumption is mainly based on an increase in flexitarianism.
Their main motivations:
– preservation of natural resources
– ecological interest
– animal wellbeing
– food crises
Plant-based protein vs Animal protein: their specificities
– oméga-3 fats
– C, B9 vitamins
– phytonutrients: carotenoïds, polyphenols, antioxidants
– minerals: zinc, iode, héminique iron well-assimilated
– long-chain omega-3
– B12 vitamin
A drop in the consumption of animal protein should be offset by a higher consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes with a maintenance of dairy products
For a healthy and ecological diet
Slimpack, specialist in health & well-being, offers alternatives to meat products:
– range of slimming and fit foods with milk proteins.
– range of superfoods with green proteins: soy, sunflower, pea, squash.